Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Doubleheader sweep!

The Bucs keep winning, and keep hitting. Freddy Sanchez uses a grand slam in the first game to help secure a win, while Adam LaRoche knocks home the game-winner in the nightcap to complete a doubleheader sweep of the Reds.

I've badmouthed him plenty of times before, but I'm willing to learn from mistakes. Is it possible that I simply didn't give Paul Maholm enough time to adjust to the majors? Now don't get me wrong, I know Maholm is no ace. He's not going to be our No. 1 or No. 2 starter. At best he could fill in at the third spot, but I'm really not starting to mind the thought of him at the back end of a rotation. He's been in some tough situations thus far in his young career and it's quite possible that things will only look up for him. He is still very young.

The only bad thing about the day is (and I can't believe I'm going to type this) that the Cubs beat the Brewers, so we weren't able to gain an extra game in the standings. Since the Bucs are only 8.5 games out of a division lead somehow, it got me thinking. I wonder if any team has battled for the next year's No. 1 draft pick and a division championship in the same season?

Think about it...

One bad week and the Bucs could be very close to the worst record in the majors.

However, one good week and they are 3-4 games out of first place.

No matter what, this recent surge certainly has made the final month or so of baseball in Pittsburgh interesting. I know I'm excited.

3 comments:

Scottie said...

27
好康關鍵字:香港民宿 平價住宿 防治白蟻 白蟻 天麻 關鍵字排名 扭力板手 歐米茄 貨運公司 熱水器 塑膠棧板 人工植牙 廚具 抽脂 公仔

28
新聞關鍵字:塑膠棧板 塑膠棧板 抓漏工程 跳蚤 宜蘭民宿 網頁設計 香港旅館 大陸新娘 大陸新娘 大陸新娘 植髮 瑜珈 設計 雙眼皮 公仔製作 公仔模型

Scottie said...

Special Link
數位科技生活豐富化^^
iso認證倉儲物流早洩包二奶除蟲公司棧板抽油煙機捕蚊達人反光瑜珈課程印刷iso 10015反光室內設計作品iso 27001板手抓姦瑜珈反光雨衣扳手入珠雷射溶脂外籍新娘塑膠棧板隆鼻塑膠棧板隆乳天麻疝氣防爆工具網版印刷眼袋iso 14001夜光眼袋iso 22000早洩植髮iso 9001捕蚊達人電波拉皮轉印貼紙高雄瑜珈整形結紮抽脂棧板熱水器扭力板手人工陰莖植髮抓姦行動百分百iso 22000整形人工植牙反光雨衣塑膠棧板

Scottie said...

Hot keywords
蘋果世界改變人類生活^^
人工植牙iso認證植牙瑜珈樟芝系統傢俱徵信社輸出疝氣MOTELiso 9000夜光外遇雷射溶脂泌尿科眼袋植髮眼袋人工陰莖iso 22000網版印刷外籍新娘雷射溶脂高雄商務旅館老鼠隔熱紙iso 18000植髮iso 9000iso 14000滅鼠瑜珈教室iso認證抽脂瑜珈汽車旅館iso 17025民宿牙醫診所結紮長灘島iso 18000宜蘭民宿包二奶長灘島自由行外籍新娘扳手雙眼皮板手整形龜頭增大雙眼皮iso割包皮掉髮iso 18001外籍新娘棧板太陽能包皮iso 18000棧板