Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sean Burnett is furious

Left-handed pitcher Sean Burnett was sent to the minors yesterday, marking the Pirates' five-man rotation at Zach Duke, Ian Snell, Paul Maholm, Tom Gorzelanny and Tony Armas Jr.

Burnett, who pitched better than just about any pitcher during Spring Training, was furious about the demotion, saying:

"I'm furious, frustrated," Burnett said. "I threw the [stuffing] out of the ball and I thought maybe I had a chance, but it's a numbers thing right now."


It does suck for Burnett. With the numbers he put up and what has happened to him, it's obvious he had no shot at the fifth spot. However, I don't mind him going down to Indy to start the season at AAA. He was terrible there last year and needs to prove in a regular season that he is fully back.

With a rotation that now features Sean Burnett, Bryan Bullington and John Van Benschoten, I'm pretty excited to keep up with the Indians when the AAA season starts. Three first-round draft picks that require your attention.

Any guesses on which one makes it to the majors first...or if either does, and who will be successful?

No comments: