Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Bitter. Bucs Lose Again, 3-2

Let me start with this. I am in an awful mood. Nothing is going my way at this minute. I should have written this recap earlier in the day, instead I waited and focused on the Penguins.


That was a mistake.

Now I am bitter. Furious. Upset. Distracted. And I am going to take it out by picking a fight with Jim Tracy.

Look, managing in the big leagues can't be easy. I won't say that it's hard, hell, Terry Francona won a god damn World Series and he couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag in Philly.





Luckiest Man Alive.

But it isn't easy. There is no magic potion or answer, unless you are giving a high payroll and the some of the best players in the league on a yearly basis (see above reference). It isn't a Staples commercial, there is no easy button.

"Hey Terry, push the button and we'll buy you a pitcher..."

My initial paragraph here was to say that LaRoche had no buisness having the day off against a righty. I was unaware, until now, that he was out with stiffness in the back. Fair enough Jimbo.

Secondly, I didn't think Torres needed to throw in the ninth. I know the guy has a rubber arm and can throw 500 innings a season, but he threw 25 pitches less than 18 hours before and didn't have his best stuff. Now you trot him right back out there, just to get him back on the horse? It's too easy to second guess and play armchair manager, but like I said, I am bitter and I am picking a fight with Jim Tracy.

I don't feel like writing anything else about this game. If you didn't see it, close your eyes and picture the last 14 years. Open your eyes and you just saved yourself three hours.

Pirates lose a one-run game when they get good pitching, no timely hits and frustrate the hell out of their fans, 3-2.

No comments: